Saturday, March 7, 2009

Arziya

Mahrammat Mukaddar Ki Karde Maula (Arziyaan)

Arziyaan from Delhi-6 is another perfect Sufi rendition from A.R. Rahman. After 'Khwaja' and 'Haji Ali', this song stands in line with the  philosophical Sufi approach. However as an experiment, probably, A.R. Rehman adds another Advaita Vedanta ting to the song through sufi-voice Kailash Kher. The song, being completely Sufi (sung by Javed Ali), has another stanza which appends terms like Maya which are inherent to Vedic philosophy. Prasoon Joshi continues to talk about the essence in your self is what your Guru takes you to (which reminds me of Shaktipaat) in those lines sung by Kailas Kher. 

Overall, this song has been a gift for me which brought out with great intensity the rememberance of my Guruji who have done both things for me - brought Noor to my life journey (here I am talking about life journey of my soul) and repaired my Mukaddar in true sense and paved a way to achieve my self.

I recommend everyone to hear this song.

References:
[1] You can find good meaning here: http://opalodyssey.wordpress.com/2009/02/25/maulamagic1/